Passion for Support | Flexible Hours
Posted 13 months ago
Salary / hourly rate: £11.50 per hour plus paid travel time plus paid mileage at 0.45p per hour. Weekends paid at £14.30 per hour. Bank holidays paid at £19.05 per hour
Location type: Home Care
Closing date: Sunday 31st December 2023
Ref no: PA
Desired qualifications – Our Personal Assistant roles require a Level 2 (or higher) Diploma in Adult Health and Social Care qualification or a similar or higher qualification.
Applicants must live in, or very close to, Calderdale. Be able to drive and have access to a car. Two references will be required. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service check) will be required. Have a mobile phone (data allowance paid).
- To support customers to live independently in their own home / community.
- To take direction from the customer and/or their representatives regarding the support they wish to receive on a particular day/time and ensure that this is in line with their Individual Support Plan.
- To support customers in undertaking a range of daily living tasks which may include:
- Light domestic duties i.e. laundry, cleaning etc
- Managing their personal affairs/paperwork
- Supporting clients at social activities, events, functions
- Preparing meals
- Personal care.
- Use an App to check into and out of customer visits and complete visit information.
- To develop effective, positive and respectful working relationships with customers.
- To maintain professional standards and boundaries at all times.
- To provide a truly person-centred approach to the delivery of Passion for Support services.
- To work effectively on own initiative and also as part of the wider team.
- To work closely with the Team Leader, Registered Manager and Support Co-ordinator to ensure a seamless and informed service is delivered to customers.
- To work within, and adhere to, Passion for Support policies and operational procedures.
- To attend regular 1-2-1 supervision sessions.
- Keep up to date with relevant Health & Social Care policy.
- To ensure all services are undertaken within an appropriate equal opportunities framework.
Professional development / Career progression
- Regular supervision meetings with Line Manager.
- Annual online refresher training courses.
- Additional training courses provided when relevant to the customers being cared for.
- Additional relevant training courses can be requested.
- Additional payment for undertaking an On Call role.
- Able to apply for Team Leader roles when sufficiently experienced.
- Holiday pay accrues based on hours worked and hours travelled to a maximum of 28 days a year (including bank holidays).
- Data allowance for using own mobile phone.
- Paid for Blue Light discount card.
- Quarterly reward scheme.
- Pension contribution.
- Bonus for introducing a staff member or customer.
- Guaranteed hours contracts considered on a case by case basis.