What we do with your personal data
Calderdale Council is the data controller (on behalf of Calderdale Cares careers) for the purposes of the Data Protection Act and other regulations including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), which means it determines what your data is used for and why it is collected.
Personal information and data is collected on the Calderdalecarecareers.co.uk when:
- Individuals visit the website and have given their clear consent – all websites do this using Cookies. There is a separate policy for this.
- Care and Health employers fill in a form to submit a job vacancy (including apprenticeships, work experience and volunteering) which includes details of the vacancy, but may also include an individual’s name and contact details.
- We use the information you submit to advertise the vacancy on the website.
- Job vacancies must be removed from the website after 30 calendar days or once filled.
- We may also use your information in some analysis of how the project is working.
- From time to time we may include you in our marketing activities or share information with the close partners we work with, especially on employment and skills projects. We will ask for your permission prior to doing this.
- Calderdale Council reserves the right to decline, edit or unpublish any job vacancy at any time
Calderdalecarescareers.co.uk contains a webform which can be used by employers wishing to submit their job vacancy and contact details. When you enter your details on the form, this information is held on the website until deleted by the poster (you), or the provider account is closed.
Any data you submit on this form will be used solely by Calderdalecarescareers.co.uk and/or Calderdale Council to advertise your vacancy or to contact you in relation to it.
Links to social media
Calderdalecarescareers.co.uk has links to Calderdale Cares social media pages and accounts. It does not collect any personal data through these links. Please check each social media platform for their privacy policies or contact them directly if you have any questions.
Calderdalecarescareers.co.uk has links to external websites. Calderdale Cares Careers and Calderdale Council takes no responsibility for the content or data protection on these sites. Please check their privacy policies or contact the organisations directly if you have any questions.
When we may share your data
Calderdale Cares and Calderdale Council may share your information without asking you if:
- the law says we must
- there is a risk of serious harm or threat to life.
This website sometimes stores small files called ‘cookies’ on your computer or other device to help improve your experience on the website. Our cookies cannot be used to identify you personally. Please see our separate Cookies Policy for further information.
How to see the information we hold about you
Under the Data Protection Act, you can ask Calderdale Council and/or Calderdale Cares career for the following information:
- confirmation that your personal data is being processed by Calderdale Cares and/or Calderdale Council
- a description and copy of the personal data
- the reasons why the data is being processed
- details of who we have, or might, give it to.
Data Protection Notification
You may view Calderdale Council’s Data Protection Notification by searching for its registration number – Z123456 – on the Information Commissioner’s website.
Contact the data protection officer
Post: Corporate Governance and Information Team